New Current CF bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got two Current USA CF bulbs. They are 18 watt, twin-tube, SunPaq Dual Daylight 6700°K/10000°K. They rattled when I took them out of the box - kind of like an incandescent bulb that is burned out and you shake it and hear the rattle. I could definitely hear that something was moving around in the bulbs - both of them. They turned on OK and both tubes lit. Has anyone else had this experience?

Yep ,mine do it too , I just thought it was the mercury in it ... all of mine seem to burn fine as well .... I wouldnt worry about it :)

Coralifes do that too. Just changed out my bulbs last week, and was reminded of the rattle. Don't think it's mercury, but I do think it's a little chunk of whatever they use to make the correct spectrum.

Thanks, Kurt! I do have a Coralife fixture that I haven't used for awhile. But if I do get a new bulb for it I'll remember that it rattles too. It's kind of funny that I don't remember either brand of bulb rattling when the fixture was new and I put the first bulb in, but these replacement bulbs rattled loud and clear!

Back
Top Bottom