New Eheim canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ffmedic2800

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ordered Eheim Pro 3 2071 canister filter this morning. Foster and Smith had a heck of a deal on it. Know that this line has had it's share of issues, hopefully I'll avoid it with mine. I'll keep you up to date as the process moves on. Anyone figure out a sure fire fix for the siphon issue that these all seem to have??

Well, I got the filter this morning...amazing service by Foster/Smith, the free shipping must have hit just perfectly to get it here in a day!

Setup was relatively easy, all hardware/parts were there. The auto siphon button worked for me, although it did take more than one or two pumps. Appears that its probably very important to try to start the tank is topped off. That would be my only recommendation.

Otherwise, this thing is quiet! See how things go from here...

Awesome!! One of these days I will graduate to a canister...lol.

If you dont mind me asking, how much was it at Foster & Smith?

It was $100 for their 5 hours sale this past friday. Fairly certain they also have a 5 hour window open for Monday, the 28th, but you'll have to check.

I originally had no plans to get a canister until later on, however a $100 bucks off was too good a deal to pass up. Oh yeah, one more thing...they have the sale items listed as the Eheim Pro 3 2071, however I did receive the most recent model, the Ultra G Series 65 in case anyone else was wondering.

Day 2, no leaks, no issues. Was at my local shop, he almost slid off the counter when I told him the price I got on the filter. Do believe they sell the same model there for around $250.

Anyone have any good advice on insuring that all of the air is out of the filter after a restart?

I've got a 2224, I believe it's an older model though, it's not as fancy looking as this one. It's the pro series though. I love it. It's small, quiet, and does a good job. Granted, it's rated for a 60g tank, but I won't use it on anything bigger than a 29 (used it on a 10 for some time). The eheim pro series is very expensive, that definitely sounds like a good deal.

Couldn't believe it myself, had to triple check...think they're on sale again tomorrow during the day haha...just hope the darned thing doesn't leak even though Eheim supposedly fixed the issue on this newest version..

Back
Top Bottom