New light how high to hang it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So as some of yall may of read, I'm soon gonna be upgrading my 10g reef to a 55g. Welp, I had a coralife par 38 over it and I believe I'm the only one to ever have trouble with the bulb ( I should try to win the lottery with that luck). Ie sent it back twice an the guy offered to build me a new one of refund me and after setting an thinking about what's best, i sprung for the refund. I decided since this bulb cost me around 90$ that I'll just turn around an buy one of the fixture I'm looking at for my 55 upgrade.
This to be exact 165W Dimmable Full Spectrum LED Aquarium Light Marine Reef Coral Fish Tank Lamp | eBay

So it's a pretty decent light, and a pretty powerful one also an I don't wanna bleach my coral I have. So how high do I need to hang this above my tank in order not to cook it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If the light is adjustable/dimmable then acclimate the corals that way. Most fixtures should be I;d say about 6-10 inches above the tank, at least. I have some mounted on the tank right above the water and some have a foot or more distance to the fixture. You dont want the light to spread to far to the sides of the tank so you might want to adjust it a bit and find the cherry spot. :)

Back
Top Bottom