New light purchase.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just purchased 4-48" 56W T5 Fluorescent Fixtures w/ antic bulbs. Will I even tell a difference with 2000W of HQI MH light? I mainly got them for a transition for the tank form light going on and off. Just wondered if I could tell if they are running when the MH are on.

I forgot to ask but how deep is your tank?
Even if you cant tell a diffence you still have the option of overdriving the lamps.. Im assuming your tank is plenty deep enough for that.. IceCap ballasts with there program start, and getting good active ventilation will allow the lamps to survive the overdriving process better.. just a side note.. (4-54w T-5 HO's can be overdrivin to put out roughly about the equivelnt to 500 Watts of the best output MH lighing, 6500K Iwasaki with PFO HQI electroinc ballast kind of output, to give you an idea of the potential there)

BTW.. I personaly couldn't fathoum the need to overdrive that much T-5 HO lighting.. but man your tank is big.. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom