New Marineland filter, questions.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jazzyarizona

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been running a Whisper filter for the past two years and just decided to upgrade. I researched like crazy, finally decided on a Marineland 280. It was rated high and had great reviews. I am very happy with it, my water is clearing up fast and perfectly, fish are happy. My problem is in getting the Bio-wheel to revolve. The directions for the filter are thin, not much info on the wheel or the spray bar. I have adjusted, every which way, the spray bar, assuming, since it sprays on the wheel, that it has something to do with the wheel revolving. No luck...... I have emailed the company but, surprise :(, haven't received a reply.

Does anyone out there have a filter like this or the Marineland 400? Anyone have any advice or info on the wheel?

BYW....I have had so much trouble with heaters, bought 5 in the last two years. I recently bought a Marineland heater and it is great!! Highly recommend!
Thanks so much,

Try taking your wheels out and making sure the bearings and shaft they spin on is clean. I aimed the spray bars so they hit the bottom of the wheels on my Emperor 400 and they spin fast. I played around with it and was able to make the wheels spin slow or very fast.

Thank you so much, WhiskeyD.....I checked the bearings and one wasn't seated properly. Fixed that and the wheel is spinning like crazy.
Thanks so much for your help!!

Back
Top Bottom