new powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandown123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just ordered a hydor koralia 3 for my 30 gallon long. it is rated 850. is this too much flow for my tank? i was going to point it at the glass and toward the return pumps flow.

You will find those have a cone shaped gentle flow. Is this for SW or FW?

You will have to doublecheck your coral's flow needs and choose accordingly.

That's a lot of flow for a 30. I have two in my 125 (plus others). Two Koralia 2's might be a better choice for chaotic flow.

Two might be better also because you can point one to the surface for good surface aggitation. This will improve PH and aeration.

I received the head today and put it in. I honestly can't tell if It is too much flow. It is pumping it out but its not as strong as I expected. My clowns looks like they have to work a little harder, but I can't tell if that is annoying them or if they like it. I'm adding chromis on friday and we'll see how they react. If it pisses them off I might go with the 2 koralia 2's idea. (Are they smaller than the 3? cause 2 of those right in my tiny tank might tick me off)

That's what I like about the Koralia's. They produce a wide flow pattern vs. the narrow jet of a MaxiJet and most other ph's. You should be able to tell at feeding time what the flow pattern looks like.

Back
Top Bottom