new RO/DI unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smnw10

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just purchased an RO/DI 5 stage unit from Bulk Reef Supply. There is nothing in the directions about needing to do anything when it's done running. I'll be using this to fill up buckets for water top off and PWC but it will sit not running 6 days a week. Is it ok to just let it sit or does it need to be drained in some way?

I'm guessing the flush valve to clean the membranes would be adequate before each use. Just don't want to develop any problems with stagnant water in the unit over time.

Also is there any reason why I couldn't use the waste water for non-aquarium uses such as water for the dogs, garden, etc? The way I understand it, the waste water contains all the solids that's in the tap water, so it's just heavier with those items than straight tap water?

thanks

IMO the water in the filter should be OK like the water in the pipes. As for other uses you should be good to go. Maybe not the dogs after all they have such a refined pallet.

Back
Top Bottom