New SunSun filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
Congrats on your purchase! I am debating on getting one myself. So you would reccomend it?

kee

It's tough to rate it as I have nothing to compare it to. It definitely is better than my HOB, it doesn't leak, and it has like 3.5 baskets. I like it, but I don't know how it would do against an eheim. From the other people who bought them, they say that it can hold its own, and some even like them better

hth

that is AWESOME Danny! I know that for myself, I am not one of those who feel only name brands (popular) are the ONLY way to go. I have never had an eheim either lol. If the sun sun works, doesnt leak and keeps the water looking good- I'm all for it! Congrats again on your find :)

kee

From what I've read, the prime does actually work as well. It does leak if I turn it upside down... but lol you should never have it upside down.

thats so good to know. got any pics of your tank? Are you using it on sw or fw?

kee

My tank isn't really "picturable" at the moment. I'm using it on a 29 gallon supposed-to-be-planted fw :p

From what I've read, the prime does actually work as well. It does leak if I turn it upside down... but lol you should never have it upside down.

Thanks for posting about this. I may look at them if yours does well for awhile. Thanks for volunteering to be the guinea pig! :)

I guess my search for the canister filter to use in space is still on.... :mrgreen:

After I get a better CO2 method going I am gonna upgrade to canister, and Sunsun is #1 on my list. Please keep us posted with any changes of opinion, mishaps, etc.

One thing I have noticed and have read, is the bottom basket tends to "stick", but I guess that's good if you want 0 bypass. Otherwise it's a great filter.

get some pics up.... filters are one of those things you want to use 6-12 months before you really can give a good review about it...

I've only had the filter for a few weeks, so my "findings" are only preliminary, but a few of the links that I posted in the first post have reviews after 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom