All, I am in the thinking / planning stage for my "ultimate" aquarium. I'd love to start some open discussions so I can plan better and start building a shopping list. I will start with a money is no object and start to widdle it down from there. By the time I am done, maybe it'll be our aquarium.
It will be reef with fish and a standard 200+ gallon size. Here are some of my thoughts / questions:
1. Use Starphire on front and sides
2. Should I use Black silicon
3. Should I paint the back?
4. What skimmer would you buy
5. Should I attempt a rock wall? Why? What is the reason people make them
6. It'll be reef ready with 2 overflows at each end. Sound good
7. Would you use a controller? Which one?
8. Would you use a phosphate reactor? Which one
9. Would you use calcium? Which one?
10. Do you epoxy your rocks or free standing
11. Custom or standard store sump/refugium?
12. How can I set this up so that my water changes are easier. I thought about some way of doing it in the sump.
13. I'd love to build my own aquarium trim, stand and hood. Most aquarium dealers have an exclusion in their warranty that you have to use their hood.
14. Would you go flat or a bow front? Why?
I will start over the next couple of weeks putting together a shopping list to see what you guys think.