New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I bought a used tank off craigslist and while getting it out of the car I broke the black frame that goes around it just on one side and didn't break it off just broke at the corner what can I do is it still a good tank... Also the guy gave me a bunch of equipment how do I go about cleaning it.... Its kinda dingy

xfactor6699 said:
So I bought a used tank off craigslist and while getting it out of the car I broke the black frame that goes around it just on one side and didn't break it off just broke at the corner what can I do is it still a good tank... Also the guy gave me a bunch of equipment how do I go about cleaning it.... Its kinda dingy

CL is the best for deals.

As long as the seal on the glass is in good shape, I wouldn't worry about it, just put that corner in back ;). Cleaning it with 10% bleach solution and lots of rinsing will kill anything in/on it. Use 50/50 vinegar/distilled water (razor blade, but careful not to scratch it) to get rid of crud and hard water stains, then lots of rinsing.

Only other thing I can suggest is a build thread and pics :D.

I will do so and someone told me to get acrylic glue and glue it back together I might try that

Back
Top Bottom