New Tank Faulty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sugarloves

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought a new 10 gallon starter kit from Petcetra. I was assembling the tank today and I noticed that the lid doesnt fit to my satisfaction. There arent any instructions on how to assemble the tank lid so prehaps I have done something wrong....but i dont think so. The Lid has a lip on one end and pegs on the other. I would assume that all of them sit inside the lip of the aquarium but they dont. Only one half fits in. Therefore, the lid just floats ontop of the aquarium and any movement makes it fly off. Im so mad because I bought this tank out of town and I dont really have a way of exchanging it. Ill post some pics so that maybe you guys could tell me if Im doing something wrong. Thanks.

These are the rest of the pics. The tank lip, the gap I get when the lid "is on", and the picture on the packaging; which shows everthing fitting together nicely. Yah Right!

Sometimes the lids are designed to fit several different tanks, so they put those pegs in that can be "snapped" off with pliers so that it fits your particular tank. You have to be sure that when you do snap off the pegs that the lid will rest on the lip and not go all the way into the water, of course. :) That might not be the issue in your case, but I have had this happen to me before on the lid to a 10-gal.

Personally, I would take the lid back to the store and ask for one that fits. There is nothing worse than buying something and it is "broken".

Back
Top Bottom