Newbie at sumps needs help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After the you will have your return where you need a pump to return the water to the tank and to keep it flowing

I'm sorry that made no sense. So the water that drains out of your main tank into the sump should be the first section and the skimmer should in the first section also. The second section will be it fug, and the third section is your return section where the clean filtered water will be and wait to be pump back into the main tank. The return pump is located in the return section. Does that make sense.

I'm sorry that made no sense. So the water that drains out of your main tank into the sump should be the first section and the skimmer should in the first section also. The second section will be it fug, and the third section is your return section where the clean filtered water will be and wait to be pump back into the main tank. The return pump is located in the return section. Does that make sense.

Ok thanks, me and my dad researched a little and know the plumbing needed. Thanks

I put mine in the fug. I have two in mine since I have a total of 100 gallons in my system and I think my (2) 200 watt heater will do 100-150 gallons together. The reason for two heaters is, if once malfunctions and stays in high it won't make increase in temp to where on big heater will spike the temp. Also with having two heaters instead of one, if one breaks you have another one to keep a little heat in it until you another one. Figure out how many gallons you will have total and find out what size heater you will need and divide that in half. Example a 300 watt heater will do 75 gallons so if you buy two 150 watt heaters , it will be the same thing but won't over heat the water if one malfunctions or won't let it get to cold if one stops working. Makes sense?

Back
Top Bottom