NH4, NO2, NO3 all too high for no reason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dimitri320

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a problem. I've had a perfect 450l aquarium for about 5 months with a great nitrogen cycle, all was perfect! Now last few days, all NH4, NO2, NO3 are way too high! I've cleaned all my filter (got 3) and changing water for 3rd day in the row and nothing helps, within 24 hour all are back to high levels. I've got a lot of fish, yes, but I don't think too many. What's wrong and what should I do???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've got a problem. I've had a perfect 450l aquarium for about 5 months with a great nitrogen cycle, all was perfect! Now last few days, all NH4, NO2, NO3 are way too high! I've cleaned all my filter (got 3) and changing water for 3rd day in the row and nothing helps, within 24 hour all are back to high levels. I've got a lot of fish, yes, but I don't think too many. What's wrong and what should I do???

Continue with the water changes. Add prime to the tank at 5x normal dose to trap the nutrients till your mini cycle stops.

Do not clean your filters all at once. Do it on a rotating schedule. One 1st week next the 2nd.

Mini cycles can occur after ph changes, too many fish added at once, over cleaning filters, stirring the substrate and more.

Back
Top Bottom