Nitrate reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One for each? One for phosphate and one for nitrate. I already have one for phosphate .

No. Just one. Bio pellets help reduce nitrates and phosphates. Caveat is phosphates are only removed if there are nitrates to remove as well. I would recommend warner marine ecobak pellets. Or maybe dr Tim's np-active pearls.

A couple of other things to mention with bio pellet reactors. Make sure output is near or directly fed into skimmer input. And start out with only half of the recommended amount for a week or two. Also, it will take 4-8 weeks for the bacteria populations to buildup enough to notice any changes in water quality.

Ok so I just bought the bio pellets for the reactor. " 3 little fishies 150" pump is rio1200 . Can someone tell me step by step in how to start . Meaning how much of the pellets do i put in at the beginning and how much to add . And how to clean it out.

Sorry dav3 I know you ready told me but the guy at the store said if I don't do it right I can kill everything in my tank

The bio pellet instructions tell you how much to use. Usually amount/10gal of water. Just use half that for two weeks. And soak the beads in rodi water overnight. What brand bio pellet you go with?

And with the two little fishes you will need a slight modification for bio pellets. Go to a fabric/craft store and get yourself a package of plastic circle knitting wheels. They look like round plastic screens. Should only be a couple dollars for a package. You will cut the middle out of two of these so they slip over the center tube if the reactor. Put one above each diffuser plate in the reactor.

Actually. Start out with 1/4 of the recommended amount and then add 1/4 each week till you get the recommended amount.

Back
Top Bottom