Nitrate reactor and bio pellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I have a question do nitrate reactors and bio pellets work? How many of you guys have used these things, do they work and if so how do they work?

I don't know anything about the nitrate or bio pellet reactors from personal experience. I have read that bio pellet reactors have caused alk dropps at times, but no first hand experience. What I do run is a dual reactor from BRS with phosguard and purigen to get good results.

I've had both.... I've removed the nitrate reactor from my tank and just running a biopellet reactor.

Nitrate reactors work but it takes a lot of effort to set up the drop rate plus it does drop your PH down. Also I had it setup on my 265g and considering it just slowly drops water it takes forever to cycle the tank and considering it moves so slowly I personally didn't notice any difference in the parameters of the DP.... I just found it a waist of money on sulphur.

The biopellet though is amazing.... best reactor I've ever bought. It really makes a difference, haven't noticed any drop on alk or anything but it does maintain nitrates and phosphates. I guess maybe the alk drop might be from cheaper branded biopellets... I dunno..... but I use reef octopus and never had a problem

Back
Top Bottom