No filtration. Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thras said:
Only thing I can say to do at this point is to keep adding water I add it till it comes out the filter and keep adding and did the base of the intake seat all the way down they can be a little stubborn sometimes

I tried making intake sit all the way down.

From what I'm seeing is, its like sucking water thru a straw with a tiny whole in it, you can suck as much as you want but no liquid is goin to make it up the straw.

The impellar is spinning but no liquid.

thras said:
And yes I would agree with ducktape to put ur media in the tank or In a baggy

That's Deckape buddy.... lol! That is Navy jargon for Boatswain Mate...You made me laugh so hard.

Lol sorry about that one was a quick response while trying to set up a old fluval 205 that I pulled out of storage and it looks like it has a leak :( I think it's the o-ring though that's good :)

And as for the filter is going just to make sure because I have seen this before ur putting water in it till It starts flowing out if not sometimes I've seen them not pull through the pick up enough sorry to say the same thing over it just ive never really seen one stop working if the impeller is still turning

I took a video of what its doing, where I can show it to you guys? Should I just put it on youtube and post a link onto this thread?

GrimmGoby said:
I took a video of what its doing, where I can show it to you guys? Should I just put it on youtube and post a link onto this thread?

Did the filter prime? Is it even close

You may wanna get a new one. I recommend Aquaclear. But for now you need to do the damage control. Do you have a test kit?

GrimmGoby said:
I'm uploading it onto youtube.

I put the media in a ziploc bag filled with the aquarium water Deckape.

Great, that will keep some of the Beneficial bacteria alive.

I have test strips that's all, and those are terribly unreliable. How much are the master test kits?

When I do use a test strip, its tells me the nitrites, and nitrates are high, which is understanble because my friend was not taking care of it at all. The first time I used my gravel vac it was bringing up black stuff :(

GrimmGoby said:
I have test strips that's all, and those are terribly unreliable. How much are the master test kits?

When I do use a test strip, its tells me the nitrites, and nitrates are high, which is understanble because my friend was not taking care of it at all. The first time I used my gravel vac it was bringing up black stuff :(

Yea the strips arent as reliable as API master kit but it will have to work for now. The master kit is about 20 to 30 USD. After we get this filter under control I will help you get cycled. A bunch of water changes are in your future if you don't have a temporary home for your fish with a 92 gallon tank, thats alot of.bucket lifting. We will talk about that later. When you have time read the article in my signature. It'd about fishless cycling but there is another about fish-in cycling.

Deckape said:
Yea the strips arent as reliable as API master kit but it will have to work for now. The master kit is about 20 to 30 USD. After we get this filter under control I will help you get cycled. A bunch of water changes are in your future if you don't have a temporary home for your fish with a 92 gallon tank, thats alot of.bucket lifting. We will talk about that later. When you have time read the article in my signature. It'd about fishless cycling but there is another about fish-in cycling.

Ok thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom