No fish, yet my water is cloudy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dalmation1080

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just set up another new tank to get a new fish, I put in clean&clear distilled water and added some dissolving tabs of things to add to the water. I have not added fish, and my water is already cloudy. The filter has been on for apx 24hrs now. Why is it doing this?? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408136610.564597.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408136628.974399.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Since you added startzyme, which is a bb jumpstarting product, you could be having a bacterial bloom. Should pass within a few days.

If you aren't adding fish yet, make sure the bb have a food source (eg the ammonia at ace hardware. make sure it doesn't have anything but ammonia hydroxide -or ammonia chloride- and water.) so you don't kill them off.

Could I take water from my other tank I have and use that to "feed" them that? I need to do a 25% water change for my other tank.

You can't unless your other tank isn't cycled. Reason being, your other tank water will only have nitrates if it is cycled and that is the end product and it doesn't feed the bacteria. I've heard of people peeing in it. XDD

Just use a pinch of fish food in a mesh bag (only because it is easier to clean and is optional). The fish food will work.

Alright I will do that, thank you

Back
Top Bottom