Now questioning this Marineland Stealth Pro heater...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so I got the Marineland Stealth Pro heater for my 2.5g shrimp tank, it's 10w and good for up to a 3g tank. Put it in yesterday late afternoon, this morning the tank was 88°F, the heater had a preset of 78°F.

What's going on? Are these just junk? Have y'all had any luck with them?
I know there was a recall, but in the recall this heater wasn't on the list so I didn't worry about it.

Thanks!

There was a recall on a marineland heater series and I think it might be this one. Check their website or give them a call and see. But if it's malfunctioning already i would bring it back for a new one.

;)

Even if it's not on the list of recalls, which I don't see anything with that low wattage, it's possible you a) got a dud or b) the ambient temp in the room the tank is in is hotter than the tank itself.

What are you using as a thermometer?

Personally, I would never trust a preset temp heater. I want to be able to control the temp.

What's the model # of your heater?

LyndaB said:
;)

Even if it's not on the list of recalls, which I don't see anything with that low wattage, it's possible you a) got a dud or b) the ambient temp in the room the tank is in is hotter than the tank itself.

What are you using as a thermometer?

Personally, I would never trust a preset temp heater. I want to be able to control the temp.

What's the model # of your heater?

Haha my room definitely isn't 88, and I'm at school so I can't check model number and stuff now.

And I didn't love the idea of preset, but there isn't an adjustable at my lfs for a tank that small..

LyndaB said:
If you're at school, why aren't you paying attention to the teacher instead of typing posts on this site...... :whistle:

Haha, it's band:p no biggie

And p.s. I did unplug the heater before I left when I saw it was 88!

Update:

I took it back and got a marina 10w, still preset though. Since I put it in my temp hasn't budged from 78°F very impressed!!

Well, the ol' Marineland Stealth Pro heater burned you too...

I had 1 and never thought I'd have a problem with the recall. Still, I contacted Marineland. They sent me a return label and a nice new shiny Stealth heater. That was last year.

This past September, I heard a loud "CRACK" during the night, turned the light on and didnt notice anything amiss. Came home from work the next day to several floating fish, and a 103f degree fish tank!!!!!

Thankfully you didnt have the same result. Remember, this was with a heater Marineland sent me AFTER I called about the recall, they had me send my recalled heater back and send me the one that killed about 50% of my community tank :(

Chriznat20 said:
Well, the ol' Marineland Stealth Pro heater burned you too...

I had 1 and never thought I'd have a problem with the recall. Still, I contacted Marineland. They sent me a return label and a nice new shiny Stealth heater. That was last year.

This past September, I heard a loud "CRACK" during the night, turned the light on and didnt notice anything amiss. Came home from work the next day to several floating fish, and a 103f degree fish tank!!!!!

Thankfully you didnt have the same result. Remember, this was with a heater Marineland sent me AFTER I called about the recall, they had me send my recalled heater back and send me the one that killed about 50% of my community tank :(

WOW!! They really need to their act together it seems like! My tank went from 77°F to 88°F over night dvd I though that was huge! After letting it sit for a day it kept the tank at 82°F, but still, if I wanted that temp I would've gotten a heater that did that!

I'm in love with this marina though, its small, looks nice, and its spot on with the temp accuracy!

Back
Top Bottom