NutraFin Master Aquarium Test Kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite a bit of overkill for a FW tank IMO. The API master test kit should be sufficient for your tank (Im going off the info in your "My tanks" link) and it's 1/4 the cost.

Yes I can agree that it is a bit overkill for FW only setups, but aside form that would there be ANY benefits to this kit?

How are the colors, over all usability, etc...

I have two of the API master kits and personally don't trust them. Not sure about all the test readings, but the ph levels were just plain wrong. I tested against tap water, and finally got some water from a local fish shop. The API readings were over the top with each test and pretty much off the scale with alkalinity. I purchased the second API test kit thinking my kit had gone bad with age, but the results were the same. Terrific, now I have two kits... :bawl:

The test I do trust is the Jungle dip strips. I still use the API kit for the ammonia test. Gee, I hope that one is reading right. Anyway, just my experience and a heads up.

Back
Top Bottom