Nuvo 16 Won't Stop Spitting Bubbles (MOVED)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keithjfuller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
*** I MOVED THIS FROM A DIFFERENT SECTION BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT MIGHT FIT BETTER HERE ***

so, my mind is totally boggled. i have a nuvo 16 (no skimmer), and no matter what i do, the return pumps spits out tiny bubbles. i've even filled the water in the rear chamber to the top (like, seriously the top), just to see if the overflow was causing bubbles to get trapped, but it kept spitting bubbles. i see absolutely zero bubbles floating in the rear chamber, but they persist in the return pump.

how is this possible, because there are no air bubbles getting down there? i've had the tank for a couple of months, and it's really starting to drive me crazy. does anyone else have this problem or have any ideas?

here's a video i made showing the problem.

thanks.

anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening or how to fix it?

Could it be leaking in through a seal?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

in the tubing? if that's what you're asking then no. i actually sealed everything with teflon tape after i posted this video. and i when i say i sealed all the tubes, i mean i SEALED THEM. i did every single connection. i also did the inside and the outside of every connection.

the other thing is that when they spit, each spin stream spits at the same time, so it has to be an air build up in the pump, but where is the air coming from?

if you're talking about a leak in the bottom of the tank, there is none. not only did i do a leak test, but there is no water leaking anywhere.

thanks for the response. i just emailed IM, but i doubt they'll be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom