Oceanic Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ram6519

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 gal reef tank I have had up and running for about 5 months. I also have a 26 Gal Oceanic tank that my son kept a fair sized turtle in for about a year. It has been empty for about 6 months now. I was thinking about converting it into a sump but my LFS said they would not use anything that a turtle had been living in. Is this tank good for nothing now or can I clean it with white vinegar and convert this into a sump?

I've heard the same advice before. My 55gal used to have a turtle in it (not mine). Was dry for several months though.

As long as you clean it I figure it should be fine?

That would be a waste of a VERY good tank! (I love Oceanic Products)

Someone here knows the best way to clean a tank...unfortunatly, its not me.

Clean it with bleach and make sure you rinse it thoroughly and repeatedly. Nothing can live through bleaching.

make sure that metal based medications (esp copper) were never in the tank, because they are very persistent.

Bleach would do the job. You shouldn't let that Oceanic go to waste. They've got great tanks. At my store we have two stainless steel 50g for 499.99. But I can get a 58 for close to 300 so I might do that.

Back
Top Bottom