Octopus Skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 6 (NWB 150) is a fine skimmer for a 55g. The Extreme is better, but might be more than you need, unless of course you have a future upgrade in mind. ;)

Good advice from Larry. I would go with the extreme just in case you do want to upgrade later on.

The 6 (NWB 150) is a fine skimmer for a 55g. The Extreme is better, but might be more than you need, unless of course you have a future upgrade in mind. ;)

an upgarde will happen one day for sure! when well that I am not sure could be a few years. Is the Extreme $90 better? I want the best skimmer I can get. I am tired of this TurboFlotor just spent $100 on the OR 2700 and the skimmer has never run worse. I am waiting on Aqua Medic support to get with me but I might just put the Rio 2100 back on and save up and buy a Octopus

I think that would be a smart move. Octopus skimmers are the best out there IMO.

If I go with the Extreme series guess it makes since to get the 8(200) for only $30 more? but would that be over kill? Seems like my tank would almost be to small

You dont have to run it all the time. I do run my skimmer 24/7 but I know others that run their`s every other week. Theirs is also bigger than it needs to be.

Well the thing is, if there is nothing in the tank to skim out, the extra $ will be wasted. The NWB 150, for example, might be more than enough for your system. You can spend the extra $$ on the Extreme, but not get any better results just because of the tank size.

Hope that makes some sense. :)

You dont have to run it all the time. I do run my skimmer 24/7 but I know others that run their`s every other week. Theirs is also bigger than it needs to be.

I feel more comfortable running mine 24/7. So maybe the 6.4 is what I need. Take the other $30 and buy a coral. :)

Back
Top Bottom