odyssea 48 in. 216W (4x 54W) T5 HO Quad Deluxe Light Fixture w/Built-in Digital Timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dornblaser1

Aquarium Advice Regular
i found this light on aquatraders.com and it looks good but it supposedly has some moon light issues but i was thinking for $110 it would do the job for the mbuna tank im trying to set up anyone have opinions or knowledge about this product

Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting

Should be fine for a mbuna tank. It better be a big tank or you may have algae issues if you run the lights all at once.

its a 75 i live in a studio with one small window so it will literally be the only light the tank gets i was thinking of cycling it lunars on all night then actinic from like 12-2 from 2-9 all 4 bulbs the 2 actinic and 2 10ks then from 9-10:30 2 actinic and then lunars again

It's going to be really bright but you can certainly do it. I'd opt for a two or three bulb option personally but you can give it a go. You may want to ask in the ciclid forums for advice on this. The hardware forums don't get much traffic sadly.

so i have had this light for about 4 weeks now and it is phenominal a bit of algae growth but it really lights up the fish and it was so worth the $110 i spent on it. the lunar bulbs are really nice at night and the actinic is very good for the morning. I use the 10ks for viewing hours and i love this light great buy so far

Back
Top Bottom