Oh no , chip in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pau1parker

Aquarium Advice Regular
Iv been cycling my spare tank ready to get some new fish , when i was checking the water parameters i noticed a chip on the side just above the seal :( the photos arnt good but can anyone tell me weather its ok or should i drain the water ... ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427370202.586762.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could patch it with silicone, but I'd just watch for leaking.

Aquarium safe silicone ? Or will any silicone work because its outside the tank?
Ill be keeping a close eye on it , just worried about coming home to the house flooded because it give way!

dead center would be a concern IMO as that's the part of the tank that would most likely bow , I would be afraid it would burst with all that water pressure pushing out on it

how big is the tank?
Is the chip deep, does it go into the silicone seal?

if the chip is not too deep and the tank is relatively small, putting some silicone over it will help and it shouldn't be a problem.

Its a 155 litre tank , its only took a very small amount out , just about enough to fit your fingernail in and its just above the seal

I agree, but be careful is all.

Use GE window and door 100% silicon, don't use any with fungicides or the like.

I used aquarium safe silicone and patched it , hopefully it holds!

Back
Top Bottom