Old Fluorescent Starter Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an older single tube hood/light that does NOT use a typical ballast to light. What it has is a four wire push button switch and a transformer, and I'm going to do my best to describe it. (If you already know what I'm talking about, you can skip ahead to the end.)

Electrical jargon- So 4 wires: 2 black, 2 blue. To start (position 1), the button is at rest: both black wires are open, both blue wires are open, bulb is off. When I press the button down (position 2), the black wires are shorted, blue wires are shorted, and the ends of the bulb are firing up. When I release the button (position 3), black wires remain shorted, blue wires open up, and the bulb is 100% on. When I press down again (position 4), the black wires open, the blue wires short, the bulb goes out. Repeat.

So it has one latching switch (the blacks), and one momentary switch ( the blues) built into one switch.

The switch is getting worn out, and I have no idea what to call it to find a replacement, or where to find a selection to choose from. Can anyone help?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422063654.424147.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom