On a budget, what to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone,

I already have a 90g reef, but I'm soon to be getting a smaller tank. I need something with (at least decent) filtration and lighting. As for size, I'm willing to go for anything in my budget, but I'm leaning towards Nano or Pico at this point in time.

My budget is about $250-$350. I've considered the aquamedic yasha Nano, however it's a bit pricy for what it includes, and for how weak the lights are.

I'm willing to go for any small aquarium kits, or build with all the pieces on my own. I just need suggestions.

I'm also currently considering the JBJ Picotope. I know the lights and filter suck, so I would be upgrading to a Finnex hang on tank refugium, and an 8 Watt 10,000 K / Actinic LED.

For things that I already have and could build upon, I've got a couple 10 gallon tanks, an aqueon evolve 4 (and a 2 as well), a 20g long rimless, and a 55. I have a couple canister filters but they're pretty useless.

What should I do? What do you guys recommend?

(I'm entirely aware that this is a very, very small budget, and for any real tank, $350 would just buy the lighting lol)

Back
Top Bottom