? on how 50/50 and actinic would look.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was thinking about doing 50/50 and actinic over my 20 gallon since its been almost 6 months and I need new bulbs(i have the 130 watt fixture ). How would that look? I do have corals. Right now I have 10,000k and actinic.

Check out my gallery and view my tank. That is exactly what I have for lighting. I really like the look of it. Moved to General Hardware and equipment discussion.

Hmm I dont know if I'd like the purplish color. While I was looking through your galleries I was thinking I could go to my lfs and buy a new 50/50 bulb put it on my tank to see how it looks then return it (I plan on ordering my replace bulbs online) but I wouldn't get my money back just store credit which is just as good but there really isnt anything for me to buy. And now after I typed that I remember that I have a 50/50 bulb since I use to have a 65 watt fixture on my 20 gallon but then bought the 130 watt one. Now I need to find that bulb and see how it looks...

I love the color but I guess it`s grown on me after 9+ yrs. Also that is a purple and white wallpaper in the background so dont go by that. My corals really like it as they have grown 4 or 5 times over.

Woo I found the old 50/50 bulb in the garage (I thought it was in the attic..... it is SO HOT up there). I put it in place were the 10,000k was and I broke one of those high heat rubber bands.... I turned it on and you can tell the purple tint. It looks better than I thought though. You can see the purples/greens/oranges from the ricordea/star poylps/ mushrooms/ bta better than before. The bulbs are old so it's not really a good test to tell, But I'm gonna get the 50/50 and actinic replacements in a couple weeks and see how it goes for the next 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom