opinion on eBay skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have been researching skimmers and i think i have settled on the bubble magus curve 5 skimmer. this item here:

https://www.goreef.com/Bubble-Magus-Curve-5-Protein-Skimmer-140G.html

seems like an excellent product and was recommended by a few members on here. but as per always i was trying to find it for as cheap as possible. and turned to eBay. no go for a good price but in my searching i was coming across the no name eBay skimmers. i am curious if anyone has ever attempted to use one of these. here is the item i was looking at

150 Gal Aquarium Protein Skimmer w 530GPH Pump Filter Powerhead Tank Salt Water | eBay

the price has me almost wanting to order it just to try it. but i dont really want to waste money if people here know in advance they are crap. so i was looking for some opinions on the eBay skimmer to see what others are saying.

thanks in advance

With skimmers it seems like you usually get what you pay for. I have a Bubble Magus and have been very happy with it. It is a good balance of price and quality.

I bought the sca 302 skimmer off eBay it's a knock off cone skimmer and I love it. It's great it has the same pump as the more expensive skimmers, it's overrated tank size wise, but it's a good cone skimmer for the money.

image-3339479916.jpg

Back
Top Bottom