Opinion on t5 bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidward

Aquarium Advice Freak
So today I will be ordering new t5 bulbs for my 4 bulb 48" fixture .I have a 75 somewhat reef I just have a small colony of zoas, gionopora that has been doing gr8 under t5, rock anemone.can anyone help me out on choseing the right bulbs .? They have aquablue special and blue plus , and I'm not sure which daytime bulbs to get .

If it were me id go 1 white 2 blue 1 purple...the more white light the more "growing" power with t5s so it'll come down to the look your going for

Mrc8858 said:
If it were me id go 1 white 2 blue 1 purple...the more white light the more "growing" power with t5s so it'll come down to the look your going for

Ok , I haven't tried any purple bulbs ever will that just bring out more colors ?

I find it helps to dull out the blues to the naked eye and provide decent growth

I use two aquablue specials and 2 blue plus bulbs. I've tried the purple but don't like it one bit, too purple for me. lol

carey said:
I use two aquablue specials and 2 blue plus bulbs. I've tried the purple but don't like it one bit, too purple for me. lol

Yea I wasn't sure about how the purple was gonna look . How are the aqua blue specials ? I need st for daytime bulbs and I wanted to replace the actinic with better bulbs . What would you suggest ?

I don't have any purple tint in my tank running 3 acticnic 2 Fiji purple and 1 new generation 10k gives it almost a natural light look with a little blue to the eye and I get good growth from my sps at 18"

Edit* ill take a pic an a hour when the rest of my lights kick on

Mrc8858 said:
I don't have any purple tint in my tank running 3 acticnic 2 Fiji purple and 1 next generation 10k gives it almost a natural light look with a little blue to the eye and I get good growth from my sps at 18"

I feel like my zoas and gionopora , are doing well under the bulbs I have which came with the light I got. I have had the light for a yr now so I believe its time to change them out and I had a issue with gha which I'm getting over with now .

The ATI aquablue specials are at about a 12k spectrum, the coral plus whites are at about 14k. Here is a picture of my 125g, it has 6 aquablue specials, 4 blue plus'es and 2 purples.

img_1930912_0_c85d9610c8352593ab38c1e82509a5c3.jpg

That's about the color I see in my tank and correction the new generations are 14 k I believe

Here is a tank with 2 specials and 2 plus'es

img_1930930_0_c6dbdae246a96f23c9ebb3e8eb53f7ce.jpg

I find the purple bulbs give too much purple to my tank, BUT I have coralline on every surface in the tank so I think it brings out that color even more.

Your corals will grow over either setup so it's just a matter of what you like. :-D

Ya that's a bit blue for my taste..that's how mine looks in the morning and all I like about it is my zoas and acans REALLY pop lol

carey said:
The ATI aquablue specials are at about a 12k spectrum, the coral plus whites are at about 14k. Here is a picture of my 125g, it has 6 aquablue specials, 4 blue plus'es and 2 purples.

I think im going to go with the the specials and two actinics. Just because I'm going led soon .

squidward said:
I think im going to go with the the specials and two actinics. Just because I'm going led soon .

This is what I'm looking like rt now sorry for the blurry pic

Attachments

• image-1931146207.jpg
    image-1931146207.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image-4121060195.jpg
    image-4121060195.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom