Orbit Fixture with a Canopy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was at my LFS looking at the PC Current-USA Orbit fixtures. The guy at the store said that you can't have a canopy over a Orbit hood. Is this true? If so why? I was considering the 48" 4x96 watt one. Does anyone have any orbit lighting products and are they worth the price? TIA, Wolf

The fans are on the ends so you would just have to clear for them to get airflow. Also the switchs are on the ends as well so you would also need clearence for them as well. Other wise you should be able to do it.

Do you carry the new Extreme Orbit 4x130 watt fixture? It's not on your website. Thanks a lot.

BTW, If you do, how much are they?

I just got on orbit 2X35 fixture with moonlights. It has legs so it stands above the tank. Love it. I do not have a hood over it and really don't see the need. It is a really cool looking product on its own.

Will you get them anytime soon? Is special order available? I'd like to get in on the 10% discount. Thanks for your time. :)

i once had a light fixture like that. i used a hole saw and cut holes in the canopy for the intake and the exhaust fans. it worked exceptionally well.

Back
Top Bottom