Ordered CPR Dual Backpack Skimmer...question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bassetbros

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I finally got fed up with the Jebo 180 P.S. and purchased the CPR dual back pack skimmer.

One question...Ive heard that the CPR's are a bit underpowered and will skim a little better with a larger pump. Any suggestions as far as replacement pumps or pump sizes?

Thanks and God Bless
Basset

you can upgrade the Rio 600 to a Maxijet 1200 but that is on the single CPR BakPak. I'm not familiar with the dual BakPak.

The Dual BakPak is just that - two Regulars bonded together; so you'll have to replace both pumps (if the one you order even comes with pumps). And yes, if it does come with two Rio600's, it is definitely suggested to be replaced.

That's too bad you couldn't get your Jebo to work out right. Mine rocks.

Question, where did you have the airline connected to the pump? There was an adapter that you hook onto the intake, put the mesh filter on, and the air tube connects to that adapter -- not the little piece that sticks out of the output tube. Seriously surprised people have issues with this thing.....

I have a backbak2R on my 30 gal with a maxijet 1200 on it and it doesn't skim nearly as well as my remora pro with mag3 on my 75 gal tank. I would seriously consider getting a rRemora Pro or Remora over the bakpak.

Back
Top Bottom