OverFlow Box Help and Suggestion! :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright many of you know I wanted to design a New Stand and make a SUMP/Refugium but with the Apartment landlord putting a Stop to it it killed my whole plan to make it. Any ways. I want to still make my Sump/Refugium I since my stand can only fit 10 Gallon tanks under it I was thinking of doing 2x 10 Gallon tanks One for Sump and the Other for Refugium I have to different design that I want to do but I am kind of in a mix up and what I want to do. First should I do a single Overflow Box or Should I do a Dual Over flow Box. The only reason being is becasue I want to also have overflow going into the Fuge and returing into the Sump as return. Or should I get a Single and Split it off just wondering will that work on a Single overflow to split off two way plumbing one to the main and one to the Fuge. That way I would not have to get a Dual. Just wondering what will work out better?
Any Suggestion or Comments or Ideas I will take Let me know

Thanks
(y)

I would suggest getting a dual overflow so you don't have to split the drain line of a single. You will get better flow with the dual over the single.

If you are doing the two tanks for a sump/refuge then I agree with Allen. Dual overflows would work better.

1200 Gallons for Over flow you think that would be to much? I take it I would have to get the Mag 9.5 to make it work? or can I still stay with the mag 7?

Alright Thanks guys this really helps my decision.... I will post 10 gallon Sump Build Once I am all Set and ready to get it going....

Where can go and get a Good Overflow Box at? Any Specific Brand you guys prefer?

Not really, I restart them every so often but that is more to clean out the overflow then anything. I'm very pleased with them!

Back
Top Bottom