Overflow Boxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have been looking for an overflow box online that is of good quality and has a low price tag. I was interested in the CPR 100 but haven't found any good places to buy except on ebay. If anyone knows of a good overflow box (hang on the back type), please let me know because I don't want to drill a hole in my glass aquarium for a sump.

I have a 20 gallon tank and am going to build my own 10 gallon sump. I just purchased a protein skimmer online and it can be used in the tank but is more of an in-sump design. If I put it in my tank, it takes up quite a bit of chunky space.

So I need an overflow box for a sump which will free up some space in my tank.

Thanks in advance,

$imple

Same here i am looking for an over flow box that is good in quality and that it actually works good

I would suggest you check out our sponsors. Most of them will carry overflows like the CPR. And you can often use an aquarium advice cupon to get a % off your purchase.

Referring to the ones that are in the link, do you have one, and what is your personal opinion on it? Can you give me a review? Also, can I use it to connect to a sump?

all drains lead to the ocean...No wait. Oh yeah, all overflow boxes can be drained into a sump. Scuba's advice on the cpr isn't that far off. I have seen them firsthand fail. Any standard Utube overflow will work fine. Depending on the amount of flow you want just make sure your return pump won't overpower the overflow. Check the sponsors. Darin at captivereefs is a great place to start IMHO.

R-

Anyone know of an effecient overflor box that they use themselves and is reliable?

I can't afford to screw-up.

Thanks for the advice so far....

- $imple

Anyone know of an effecient overflor box that they use themselves and is reliable?

I can't afford to screw-up.

Thanks for the advice so far....

- $imple

EDIT: Sorry, I accidently clicked back and it said the page had expired and I clicked refresh (I forgot I had just posted and by the time I looked at the top it was too late) and it gave me a double post. Sorry about, learned my lesson, won't happen again.

U tubes are trouble free as long as you do the regular maintance work on them. Clear the U tube of alage growth every so often. Verify on a regular basis there isnt a collection of air in the U tube, clean the sponge on the drain if you use the sponge, etc.

I have the double overflow from www.life-reef.com Of course they have a single and a low profile overflow aswell.

Back
Top Bottom