Overflow Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

derrick98

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have recently purchased a 125 gallon tank. The tank came with pre drilled holes in both back corners each side has 2 holes. I am wanting to run a herbie overflow on this tank as I have read it is a great overflow system. So in order to run this system, I need at least 3 holes per corner 1 for full siphon, emergency drain, and return. I have been throwing a couple ideas around and would like input from more experienced people in the hobby.
Option 1: Drill another hole in each corner resulting in 2 total full siphons, 2 emergency drains, and 2 returns. If I have enough room in the corners to drill another hole as I have not measured anything just by looking at it, it looks like it might be a little tight to fit another hole/pipe in.
Option 2: Don't drill the additional holes and run 2 full siphons one in each corner, 1 emergency drain, and 1 return.
Option 3: Don't drill the additional holes and run 1 full siphon, 1 emergency drain, and 2 returns.
Options 4: Don't drill the additional holes and run 1 full siphon, 2 emergency drains, and 1 return.

These are the ideas I have bouncing around in my head. Thanks for any input and I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom