Panty hose as a media bag??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was just curious, can you use and is it safe to use panty hose for a media bag. I wanted to add some fresh crushed coral to my AC 110 for a little pH issue. I've always used crushed coral but have ran out of media bags and all the LFS's around me are out of stock. Was thinking of cutting up one of the wife's old pair. Just not sure If it's safe.

It is safe, but make sure the crushed coral doesnt tear it...

Link119 said:
Thats why we are here...

True... Very true! And that's why I love it here. I just added some fresh crushed coral to an old pair of the wife's panty hose and saved money to boot! Thanks again! Have a good rest of the weekend.

I use pantyhose for everything! Why buy media bags when you can go and grab a pair lol :) cc didn't tear mine

Convict,

I have used New Pantyhose for my Purgen and Matrix in my filters with zero issues. Just check what it is made of and is non Toxic....Pure Nylon is good...If you are using "used" i'd sick with new...BTW I would make sure they were not washed with any Detergent recently and Soak in used tank water with a dose of Prime to be safe.....

Just my 2cents.

Pton46 said:
Convict,

I have used New Pantyhose for my Purgen and Matrix in my filters with zero issues. Just check what it is made of and is non Toxic....Pure Nylon is good...If you are using "used" i'd sick with new...BTW I would make sure they were not washed with any Detergent recently and Soak in used tank water with a dose of Prime to be safe.....

Just my 2cents.

Good points and I'll take your 2 cents... Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom