PAR38 LED Opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fort384

Dividing by 0
Site Team
I am considering putting 2 of these with 80 degree optics on my 12 gallon long tank. The intended stock is to be just softies/zoas/palys. Any opinions? Will 2 be enough, or do I need a third?

12 LED PAR38 Bulb (Mixed Color with UV) - Rapid LED

Also, looking at these as a fixture for them:
LEDTRiC Gooseneck PAR38/PAR30 Fixture - LEDTRiC

Though I am not completely sold on the fixture. Aesthetics is important to me - it is a rimless tank and is in our living room, so it has to look decent. Cost is not a huge factor, though I don't want to break the bank on lighting a 12 gallon tank :) Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
I am considering putting 2 of these with 80 degree optics on my 12 gallon long tank. The intended stock is to be just softies/zoas/palys. Any opinions? Will 2 be enough, or do I need a third?

12 LED PAR38 Bulb (Mixed Color with UV) - Rapid LED

Also, looking at these as a fixture for them:
LEDTRiC Gooseneck PAR38/PAR30 Fixture - LEDTRiC

Though I am not completely sold on the fixture. Aesthetics is important to me - it is a rimless tank and is in our living room, so it has to look decent. Cost is not a huge factor, though I don't want to break the bank on lighting a 12 gallon tank :) Any other suggestions?

I can tell you from experience as far aesthetics go your not going to like them, unless you get fancy like an idea I had with ikea lamp fixtures to hide the light, not really my own idea but found it online.

The light itself I have nothing bad to say and some members here use them, hopefully they will chime in, I actually gave one to a member and she is very very happy with it. Justin if you take a look at my 8 gallon album you'll see my tank with regular lights and then the Par38 with red,green,blue,purple and whites.

Attachments

• led.jpg
    led.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 141
  • led2.jpg
    led2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 133
Back
Top Bottom