Penguin 330 w/Biowheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmcgee

Aquarium Advice Activist
The brand probably has nothing to do with it but the filter is the HOB type. This morning when I turned it off to feed my fish, when i turned it back on it didnt' do anything. It is a couple of years old but it is probably dead for good correct??? I just wanted confirmation before I went out and purchase an AquaClear replacement. I wouldn't think there is any way to get it working again?? TIA

I have an older AquaClear, and it has taken to doing this freqently when turned off. Sometimes electric motors develop a bad spot, and can't start from a particular position. Either that or crud builds up and increases the friction on the motor. Simply drain the filter into a bucket, (might as well clean the media while you're at it), pull off the motor, and pull out the impeller. Clean it up a bit. Stick it back in. Most likely it will start working. If a couple repeats of this process don't do the trick, then the motor is dead.

Back
Top Bottom