Petco Dollar Sale Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FYI sale going on now. Started June 29, lasts two weeks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do they include 15g?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They all sell 10 g but not for $10. Am I mistaken?

They all sell 10 g but not for $10. Am I mistaken?

Yes I was mistaken. 10g included in my local Petco's sale. Cheaper than walmart. Omg time to get my 14th aquarium!

Free filter is neat, even if it is a cheapo garbage one (which I'm assuming it is). Sorely tempted to go look (the petco is about 3 blocks from my house) for a 40B as I think that's my ideal tank size for a freshwater community, but I just finished setting up my old 29g high and adding fish last Friday. Maybe next time!

All that horizontal space....

Edit: Apparently the new tetra tanks aren't as good as the aqueon tanks were. Anyone have experience with tank quality? I'd hate more than anything to get a tank that fails in a few years.

Petsmart has a top fin 40B for $80 with an aqueon cover and light. Considering upgrading but I'm not sure which is better, top fin or aqueon

The tetra tanks seem to have less glue compared to my non-tetra tanks. I see small air bubbles in the seams where glue is supposed to be present. However I have never heard anyone in forums complaining about Tetra tank failure. I've only had my tanks since February and so far no problems. I own 9 Tetra brand tanks, 20L to 55 gallon sizes.

I have had up to 5 running (now 3) and no issues either. I took the other 2 down only to consolidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Usually they have a sale around the 4th of July.

Here is a 100% positive way to confirm that your local store is having the sale:

Go to the Petco local ad page, enter your zip code, choose your store, then under browse by category, choose fish. Then the dollar per gallon sale will be listed (if your store is having it). If not, it doesn't hurt to call your store and be sure.

The sale is nationwide. I visited 16 stores in 3 states and they all had the sale, but that was 2 weeks ago.

I called ahead for a 40b.. found they did have 10g for $10 which is apparently rare??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not rare. My 5 local petcos each have a half dozen 10 gal tanks. It's part of the sale. Inventory varies by store.

Back
Top Bottom