Petco Dollar Sale Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmmnano

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey little off track but how do you find out about the tank sales at Petco. Do you have to keep going over there or is there so sort of email or something that you get also do you know if it's something that's nation wide or just your local Petco

Just watch the forums, some one will post (or about 20 people) that's it's about to start.

Is it pretty much every where or just in certain places

I'm pretty sure it's nation wide, if you've got a petco they have to do it.

Its nationwide but I believe only once a year. Usually a 2 week window during early April. Eligible models are 20 long, 20 tall, 29, and 55 gallon sizes only. Always TopFin brand only. Quality is decent. Really good deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its nationwide but I believe only once a year. Usually a 2 week window during early April. Eligible models are 20 long, 20 tall, 29, and 55 gallon sizes only. Always TopFin brand only. Quality is decent. Really good deal.

Petco does not sell TopFin. They sell Aqueon. PetSmart sells TopFin. It's generally every 3 or 4 months and includes 10, 30, and 40b as well.

No way to tell really until you start seeing a billion threads popping up on here about it. They usually have 3 or 4 of them a year, I believe the eligible tanks are any tank from 5-55 gallons excluding bowfront and corner tanks.

Sometimes the store manager can tell you when it will be on. Especially when they think you'll be stocking up during it and are just waiting for it to happen

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just looked thru my receipts and it was (in my area) Jan ( 20g ) and Apr ( 2x55's ). I figure for July to be the next around here.

Treemanone2003 you beat me to it, I was looking for mine too lol

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

they usually start every 3 months (MARCH, JUNE, SEPTEMBER, DEC) they usually start the last week of the month and last till sold out ,

Petco does not sell TopFin. They sell Aqueon. PetSmart sells TopFin. It's generally every 3 or 4 months and includes 10, 30, and 40b as well.

You are correct its Aqueon not Topfin! The 30 gallon is officially called 29 gallon and has same footprint as a 20-long.

Be sure to call/check all petcos near your area as inventory is highly variable. I have 6 petcos within an hour's drive from me. Some had a dozen 20 long tanks while others had zero.

The most recent sale was held during the first two weeks of April 2014 (I remember this fondly as I bought 6 aquariums).

If you plan to get many tanks and need a nice modular stand that can stack many tanks one on top of one another, look into Home Depot Husky Steel Shelves (online and in store). They are all-steel and hold 800 to 1000 pounds PER SHELF. Note that a loaded 10 gallon weighs about 100 pounds. Avoid shelves with particle board material even if it claims it can hold 500 pounds per shelf and even if Husky brand. Those got bad reviews online - particle board can loose integrity when frequently wet and lead to a disaster.

The Aquarium brand that goes on sale is Tetra. Not Aqueon nor Topfin. Not sure if Tetra and Aqueon are affiliated.

I was there today in virginia. Sale starts june 29 through july something

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes starts July 29 Sunday. Includes 20 to 55 gallon Tetra brand only.

I'm so excited! On fathers day my local Petsmart (not petco) had a 125 gallon set with stand T8 lights and glass canopy on sale for $499 (which I bought right away). I have 6 Petsmart near me and only one of them carries giant tanks. Apparently each Petsmart is independently operated like Starbucks.

Back
Top Bottom