pH Controller & Probe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nsu7

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is probably a stupid question, but it seems the pH probe on the controller portion of a calcium reactor should be in the sump the whole time, is that correct? Also

Should it be directly under the output of the reactor, or just anywhere?

How long between cleanings, and what should I use, soak in vinegar? Brush with a soft toothbrush?

Thanks

I don't have any 1st hand experience with a ph controller, but I do have an ORP controller and I have the probe in the main tank. I don't think you want your probe in the sump or close to the Ca reactor since you will get a higher reading. You want to monitor the ph of the entire tank, not just the sump so I suggest you place the probe in the main tank.
You can just use a soft brush and rinse it with water to clean the probe. Every 2 weeks should be a good cleaning schedule.

The more reading I'm doing it almost seems like you do want to measure the effluent output from the reactor as a pH between 6.0 and 6.5 is desirable for leaching calcium and carbonate.

Back
Top Bottom