Ph Controller/ Monitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caribou

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Milwaukee Ph Monitor/controller that is set at 7.1. I want C02 for my plants but it seems that my injection is hardly running. Calibration seems to be good. Should I leave the system alone and let it do its own thing? This is my first pressurized system. My fish are doing great, even though my ph dropped to 7.1 from 8.3.

Well, you can make sure the controller is calibrated by testing it against a liquid pH test kit first.

I've never had a controller, but realistically, it should run for a while, then shut off for a longer period than it was on, unless you have a ton of surface agitation quickly outgassing the CO2 and allowing the pH to rise more rapidly.

pH of 8.3 though...what is your dKh again? with a pH of 8.3 normally, I would expect a rather high dKh, something like 13-15dKh. If that were the case, dropping to a pH of 7.1 would mean you have more CO2 than necessary.

I just wanna make sure you've got all your ducks in a row :)

Our water around here does have high ph and extreme hardness. I've backed off my CO2 to what happens. I've been testing ph daily with a Tetra kit.

doesn't your controller/monitor tell you what your ph is? why are you also testing? do you think that is might not be calibrated correctly?

Yes, it tells me the current ph, but its a new piece of equipment so i'm keeping an eye on it. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid. I calibrated per instructions with the solutions provided.

Back
Top Bottom