Phoenix 14k 150 watt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feelthereefer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any one have any advice on replacement bulbs I am leaning towards the phoenix 14k hqi bulbs any thoughts or suggestions help thanks..

The 14k lamps from Phoenix are very very blue. Not like regular 14k lamps. The Phoenix 14k compares to a 20k color.

Not so much. You will get the best growth with a 10k lamp, but it will be a white color with a little yellowish tint to it.. But not much, probably not very noticeable, and how much tint is in there depends on the brand lamp you get. 14k is good for great color, and still good growth spectrum. With the 14k bulb you will get a very clean crisp white color with a tint of light blue, however, this also depends on the brand lamp you buy. Most 14k bulbs are like what i explained, but some are like the Phoenix i mentioned that look extremely blue. 20k lamps are generally really blue. Almost completely blue.

This is the consensus on the bulb color spectrum. 10k, you get the best growth, 14k you get great color while still getting excellent growth, 20k gives you great coral color pop, but the growth spectrum(PAR) is usually not very high, which means growth goes down. You will still get growth with a 20k bulb, but it won't be as fast as with the 14k bulb or the 10k bulb.

Back
Top Bottom