Picking out a ditgital camera for tanking photos of fish..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RAW convertersion software cmes with a camera that stores raw files for editing on the computer, fujis bundled raw converter is OK, but leaves you no control. I use third party raw conversion software. When I still had my s7000 I was using Photoshop CS RAW converter, the one is CS2 is better and I think Raw Shooter Essentials will do .raf files, but not sure on that, it didn't come out until I had already upgraded to the 20d. It may be dslr files only like capture 1.

At any rate there are alot of good free RAW converters that offer alot of control over the conversion, course you only need one if you shoot in RAW.

I posted a link to their rating page on a vendor rating site, they look to be bait and switch artists from the majority of user reviews I've read. Do yourself a favor and no matter what you get, pay a little extra and go with a good trusted retailer.

To go further into the white balance, the camera is adjusting for the diffent types of light. When shooting outdoors, if the camera is not properly adjusted then the white will have a blueish hue. Indoors, white will have a touch of tan coloring. I just learned this last semester in my TV Production class. Lots-o-fun.

I found the rebate on the fuji site... its only good till 7/2 the other offer, digitalphotoclub, is better with the rebate.. and I wouldnt get the camera in time to get the rebate if the company is that bad.. if I get the camera at ALL!! what a buch of :evil: :evil: :evil: Im not too pleased.. but hopefully I can get it in time for the rebate cuz that would ROCK!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

online rebate form..
http://fujifilmrebates.com/orstore/productsearch.aspx?categoryid=
It says its good untill 9/3/05 there.. Im getting mine now just in case!! LOL..

Toirtis... If I were you I would try to get in on the digitalphotoclub+rebate deal ($256) now if you can!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: you can pre-register the rebate on there site as soon as you can get your hands on the camera to give them the serial number! :D :D

TY-Kevin!! 8) 8) you ROCK!!

I might just start a thread in the lounge once I get this thing and Im trying to figure out how to use it.. 8O :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It seems some of you might be able to help ALOT!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There is a Photography section!?!?!?... well if there wasnt you could have made one when I wasnt looking.....!!!! ROFL!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

*edit* I didnt realise the Show Off area was also the photography questions area *edit*

I didnt really know were to ask this question, I just guessed that this would be hardware like a filter but well I thought it might have been a bit of a stretch.. I see now you have questions about what photography hardware people are using and such in the Show Off area!.. I guess this question could have gone there.. it might not have gotten as much attention.. I dont know....
Thanks for all the help everyone.. This will be my first camera of any substantial quality.. the only option I had with other cameras were picking out the correct film and wether or not to use the flash..ROFL!!

Well got it from digitalphotoclub but it turned out to be the equivelent model the FinePix S5500...so the rebate isnt going to apply... but on the other hand I did get the camera! It is defintatly nice.. the bigger memory card was on backorder so it will take me a while to fittle with it.. It has alot of features so Im a little overwhelmed when looking at it... I just need to sit down and figure out what all the symbols on the nobs and buttons mean.. then I should be set for working on it.. I have managed to get it to take pics in the house with little lighting.. they came out pretty good.. but from my understanding I will need to figure out what im doing to get the same results with little light than I can get with alot of light.. Thanks for the input everyone (y)

Back
Top Bottom