Plumbers tape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boomer23 said:
Read my other posts, i said i later found out it was wherever they manufactured it, they used some type of oil or lubricant when it was processed, it wasnt used to make the teflon it was used i guess to package it or to keep in storage, im not sayin teflon is the problem or that it is a problem in sayin jus do research on it before u use it, everyone jus isnt understanding wut im tryin to say, i didnt it was all bad nd the worst thing i used, all i said was do RESEARCH

Not positive exactly, the test didnt bring it down to a science of what it exactly was, but my grandfather who works for the company, nd is the one who actually tested it said it was a type of oil or lubricant, i tried to tell u that before but no one understands apparently, this wasnt recent, a couple years back this happend, nd the only outside material i used was teflon in the tank so thats the only place it could of came from, everythin else was from pet supply stores

Boomer23 said:
Not positive exactly, the test didnt bring it down to a science of what it exactly was, but my grandfather who works for the company, nd is the one who actually tested it said it was a type of oil or lubricant, i tried to tell u that before but no one understands apparently, this wasnt recent, a couple years back this happend, nd the only outside material i used was teflon in the tank so thats the only place it could of came from, everythin else was from pet supply stores

Ahh ok got ya now this is just a heads up post

I was ready to argue till I was blue in face and take pics of where I used it lol

But if you still want to use it possibly soak strips of it in peroxide or vinniger and rinse in hot water before you use it

I've used teflon tape for 40 years on gas lines water lines and fish tanks and have never had a problem with it at all. Also in all those times I've never had it coated with oil or anything else or ever heard of anyone else talk about it. As far as I'm concerned its perfectly safe

Back
Top Bottom