Plywood layer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So if I am using the black metal tube style stands for tanks 50g-75g in size should I put a peice of plywood under them to spread out the weight? What size- 1/2 5/8 3/4???

I always assumed so but thought I would check out other opinions aince I have nw5ver used tme over 20g & these will be 50g & over

Why marine grade? For just holding weight I'd think cdx would do just fine without emptying your wallet. Maybe bc if you want something a little smoother. Not saying plywood is necessary though.

Why marine grade? For just holding weight I'd think cdx would do just fine without emptying your wallet. Maybe bc if you want something a little smoother. Not saying plywood is necessary though.
Well for condensation, water spills, ect.. Not to say it's necessary but a good idea of you got the means. They make it for a reason.

Nice to know something actually works for what it was designed without modification ☺ I like the open bottom as it gives me access to view the bottm of the tank when cleaning the gravel

Back
Top Bottom