Polishing the inside of an acrylic tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently purchased a used 150 gallon acrylic tank. I didn't realize how many scratches were inside until after it was filled up with the lights on. It is a fish only with plenty of rock. I have read of people polishing the inside without removing the livestock. I'm willing to try anything and labor is not an issue. I'll spend an entire Saturday if I need to. I just don't want to endanger my fish. I have good flow (1200 gph and 2 1500 powerheads, dual corner overflow) so the stuff should be filtered out pretty quick. I have this kit that I bought for the outside:
Lifegard Aquatics Acrylic Scratch Removal Kit 72000

I don't know about doing it underwater but I do know that you can get a kit cheaper at walmart or an auto store. They are used to polish headlights on cars. I bought one for $10. I would think that the grit would foul up the water and be hard on the impeller.

You don't notice the scratches inside as much once the tank is full of water

It is filled I knew that most of them would be filled in. However, there are some big ones.

Well you would need to drain it and buy a polishing kit

I think tennor make a good one I think that's how you spell it they are a well known acrylic tank maker in the US

Back
Top Bottom