possible cheap solenoids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never heard of them but I see no reason why they wouldn't work. Are you planning on using it for CO2?

solenoid

Yes for co2. I guess the problem with them is they are on continous for 8-10+ hrs and get hot. most solenoids aren't meant to be powered in one position for that long. they generally use 4-5watts and burn out within a month to a year. This I think stated 3watts which isn't bad. I have decided to get the clippard mouse solenoid which uses less than one watt. it needs its own 12v dc power supply. bettatail at planted tank.net is building me a regulator setup with a regulator I'm sending him, a swagelok needle valve, check valves, fitting etc. he will then test it for a week for leaks and send to me. the mouse solenoid is about $45, and I was thinking that these might be a cheaper alternative. but I've decided this has to be quality from day one, as I don't need any more problems with this tank. I've now fighting with mineralized topsoil because I cant' leave well enough alone and try to move plants. total cloud for days.

I think you made the right call then. While it never hurts to look for a bargain, often you get what you pay for...

Let us know how the regulator turns out. Sounds like it ought to be a quality setup.

Back
Top Bottom