Power comsumption question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To put it in simple terms, a simple formula: volts x amperes = watts . To answer your question would require the voltage used. If your talking about household line voltage, 110 or 120 volts : 120 x 1= 120 watts. To determine voltage: watts divided by amperes. To determine amperes: watts divided by volts

Using the "Power Triangle" is the easiest way to figure it out.

P=Watts
V=Voltage
I=Amps

You hide with a finger the value to be calculated. The other two values show then how to do the calculation.

Also another good article to read is Power Budgeting for Aquarium Systems.

Thanks guys! I knew there was a formula out there somewhere I just had no idea what it was or really what to ask...but you guys have answered my question! Thanks a lot!

BTW...I used a calculator I got from Marc Levenson and my tank is costing about $25.00 a month to run. We had a huge power bill last month and I was trying to figure out what it was. AS it turns out it was a fan I had in my fire room (we heat with wood only) and the fan was pulling so much power, I couldn't believe it. So I have to come up with another way of moving the heat out of the fire room and into the rest of the house with out using a power hungry fan.

thanks again!!!

Back
Top Bottom