Power head or circulation pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garbear27

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there any difference and which one would be better for a saltwater tank I like the look of circulation pumps

I vote Koralia circulation pumps. The magnet it has is worth the price alone!
well, in my opinion anyways. :)

carey said:
I vote Koralia circulation pumps. The magnet it has is worth the price alone!
well, in my opinion anyways. :)

But is there any difference then a power head

yep. A power head sucks in the water and then sprays it while a circulation pump has a small fan like thing that pulls in water and moves it. Hope I explained it ok. Just look at the two items online, you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.

carey said:
yep. A power head sucks in the water and then sprays it while a circulation pump has a small fan like thing that pulls in water and moves it. Hope I explained it ok. Just look at the two items online, you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.

Ok thank you I just bought a 55 gallon FOWLR that had been astablished for a year and it had 2 power head one is broke and I feel like the other one is about to break but I bought a canister filter for it and protein skimmer

Oh OK. I really like the koralia's cause of the magnet, there are other good pumps but the suction cups I;ve found don't always hold it and it sucks to have to put your arm in and reattach it. LOL

carey said:
Oh OK. I really like the koralia's cause of the magnet, there are other good pumps but the suction cups I;ve found don't always hold it and it sucks to have to put your arm in and reattach it. LOL

Yeah that sounds nice I'll check them out buy I'm kinda on a budget do you know how much power I would need

carey said:
I use 2 koralia 750's in my 55g and it worked well. I got them on sale for like $28 each.

Oh that's not expensive cuz I was looking at some aquarion circulation pumps and they were $35 each

Back
Top Bottom