Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-27-2020, 01:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Power head - small pipe

HI NEWBIE HERE, i bought a 2500 power head, it has a quater inch clear plastic tube to attach to the pump, this i assumed was for an air stone, which i did see on you tube, a guy doing a demo, BUT the pic on the box shows this tube CLIPPED TO THE POWER CABLE, OUTSIDE OF THE TANK, confused or what, thanks in advance KC

Old 05-27-2020, 06:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

The tube draws air into the powerhead and then blasts it into the tank , that's why the pic shows it on the power cord . It has to be out of the water to draw air .

Old 05-28-2020, 11:57 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

thankyou for your reply, the head worked fine with the pipe in the water, a bit confused as the end had a plugged cap on i wondered how it would suck in air, so i assume i take the cap off then.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea you don't have to use it for air . I never did cause I didn't like the way the bubbles did .

Tags
pipe, power head, small

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com